Write a blog for us
Write a blog for our website, it can be around any issues which affect young people with special educational needs or disabilities. Every two months the blog which has had the most hits over that 2 month period will win a voucher. You can either write your blog and send it to us or we can arrange to meet with you to help you to get your thoughts down and to scribe for you. If you prefer to speak then we can also arrange to help you to record a video blog just click here to arrange meeting with us.
Here are some ideas for the kind of things that you might want to right a blog about.
- Going to college
- Health (including mental health)
- Disability in the media
Things to consider when writing your blog
- Your post should be useful to other young disabled people (including young people with special educational needs) or to people who work with young disabled people.
- Your post should be topical and relevant. Perhaps where we know there is a campaign? For example, during Volunteer week, you might want to write a blog with that as a subject.
- Make your title engaging, remembering that when it auto feeds on Twitter it only takes the first 120 characters.
- Ensure it’s not too long, we’d recommend that blogs aren’t any more than 300 words If writing a personal blog ensure you follow the guidelines below:
1. Consider how others may view what you have written.
2. When adding opinion ensure you state that it is ‘in your opinion’ so there is no confusion between fact and opinion.
3. Make sure you end on a hopeful/positive note.
4. When you reference other websites make sure they are reputable and still working.
5. Avoid naming individuals in your blog.
6. a good structure for personal blogs is to begin with some facts about your topic, then talk about your experience of the topic then say what you have learned from this experience.
- Ensure you spell and grammar check your post before you send it.
- Don’t use any language which may upset or offend any of our readers.
How to send your blog to us